Tuesday 25 January 2011

Rally for relief

The conference was 3 days; Thursday, Friday and Saturday. So on Sunday I had my first free day in Melbourne. Roger Federer took the initiative to organize some fundraising for the floods in Queensland. Together with the tournament direction they had set up “the rally for relief” on Sunday at 2pm. I wanted to buy tickets but after 3h it was sold out… Fortunately, the people with who I was staying in Port Melbourne had tickets and I could go with them! It was a good game of entertainment! First there were two teams of 5 players (including Murray, Djokovich, Henin, Roddick, Wozniacki, Hewitt…) played some points. It was very funny because all the players had a microphone and gave comments all the time, especially Djokovic and Roddick were funny. The referee was Jim Courier. Sometimes the players played normal doubles, they played singles, they played 3-3… Djokovic played photographer,….

Then Kim Clijsters, Sam Stosur, Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer played some points. They played a bit of mixed doubles, boys vs girls, singles,… I had a very good day!

Some pictures:
Kim/Rafa vs Sam/Roger


Full!


Team 1


Team 2 


Djokovic making pictures


All together

The rally for relief was a great success and I enjoyed it big time! It was AWESOME!

Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment