Wednesday 26 January 2011

Melbourne days

Monday

On Monday we slept a bit longer, we went to the carwash, we brought back the car, we (Jill and I) checked in in our new hostel where we also had lunch. Phil cooked one of his good pastas for us! Then we had a rest in the hostel and at 3pm Phil had to leave to the airport already. The hostel, Greenhouse backpacker, is very good! Everything is quite clean and the room is ok as well. The first two nights we slept in a double room, then we moved to a dorm.

When Phil left, Jill and I went to Federation Square and we took the city circle tram around the city. This time there were some comments about the touristic places. Then we went to Federation Square again and we had some dinner.

Tuesday

On Tuesday we went to the Melbourne Zoo. There were a lot of animals and different animals than in Belgium! We saw Giraffes, Zebras, elephants (2 baby’s), lots of monkeys, koalas, spiders, seals, fishes, bears, wombats,… We also saw huge turtles making babies J The zoo was big and we needed all day to see everything. When we came back in the hostel we were exhausted.



The hostel offered free pasta on Tuesday. We could choose between tomato sauce or a vegetarian sauce. The food was not outstanding but it was ok. Then I went to an internet café because I needed to print some stuff for my meeting on Wednesday with Tennis Australia.

Wednesday

On Wednesday morning I had a meeting @ Garden Square in Melbourne park. We discussed a lot about my research…After the meeting I went to see some mens doubles at Margareth court. In the afternoon I walked a bit in the city with jill and then we went to the Victoria evening market. It was a very big covered market! I bought a bracelet and a cover for my IPhone. They also had special potatoes here and everyone was eating it, so I decided to try it out too. When we walked back to our hostel we could hear a big firework for Australia Day. Unfortunately we could not see it as it was hidden behind one of the tall buildings. 





No comments:

Post a Comment