Sunday 9 January 2011

First English publication!

Hi everyone,

I forgot to tell you some important news about my PhD!
My first peer-reviewed article is published! It is a small article... but I have to start somewhere!
It is published in the Journal of Medicine and Science in Tennis.
Hierbij de titel, het abstract and the authors page!

I think it is too small to read it, but it is the best I could do. At least you have an impression now.



We also have a new roommate in the house! An Australian girl, Mary who will start her degree at Bond. We will probably extend the lease till the end of August! I love the house... but unfortunately, because of the rain, the pool is more used to stare at instead of to swim in it...

I have also spent a lot of time cleaning last weekend. A big house is not always good... Especially because in the kitchen there is a lot of stuff of older roommates that belongs to no one. So I have thrown all the mess  away and cleaned the shelves. In the kitchen we also had small cockroaches (nl: kakkerlakken) everywhere :-(  When jill was here we pulled away the dishwasher and the fridges and we cleaned everything and we have put poison. I think they are almost all dead now. Now the kitchen is all clean. Hope we can keep it like this because it's not easy with 6 people in the house! I have also cleaned our room completely. On the 24th the owner will come with the agency, so everything has to be perfect. All the roommates have chipped in 20dollars and phil went to buy lots of sponges, trash bags, washing product,... I think we are fine now for a while :-)


Today we also did the grocery shopping... I say not "went to do groceries" but "we did" because we did it online! It was raining too hard to go on the bikes in the rain... And the first time you shop online at Woolworths it is free! So easy :-)


That was it for the little update...


Jessie

2 comments:

  1. Hi guys!!
    You keep the house!! Awesome !
    New roomates hope everything will be fine !!
    Hope that I am not part of ``the old roomate who left a mess behind them...``
    Free grocery delivery from Woolworth is amazing !!!you are fine now! no more artistic figures to bring groceries back home on the bikes!!
    Have a good one guys and I hope I can come before August !!!
    See you

    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denis! New roommates doesn't mean that we don't miss you anymore! The X-box is also gone as Reece left... but that's ok for me :-) Phil will miss it more... Hahaha, it was a bit a bit mess everywhere! So much stuff in the garage and next to our room... But also good leftovers that are useful (sponges, ....). It just needed a cleaning and selection. I have trown away some empty boxes, and some things of which I don't even know what it is!
    Would be awesome if you could come when we are still in the house!
    Hope everything is ok in Hanoi! Back to work? It is hard!
    cheers,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete